FAIR definitely caught my attention with the last blog post, so out of my own interest, I decided to explore further. Upon further investigation of the website, I only seemed to find entries that supported Bernie Sanders!
 |
| Taken from www.fair.org |
 |
| Taken from www.fair.org |
 |
| Taken from www.fair.org |

The big question here is - Does FAIR offer slanted news at the expense of exposing slanted news? Hmmmmm....

 |
| taken from www.facebook.com/FAIRmediawatch |
I looked at their entries for the past few months and saw very few, if not any, posts in support of the other candidates. I even checked their facebook in hopes of finding other content in order to prove me wrong. Maybe I didn't search hard enough but I couldn't find one post in support of Hillary Clinton. Perhaps Clinton's campaign is indeed incompetent (based on what I've seen from what FAIR posts) but where's the fairness in that? Why not highlight positive aspects of the other campaigns? Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of exposing faulty news but when your website's name is FAIR I think you should be fair about criticism. Yes, what they post may be completely correct and in line, but at least show both sides of the story! And no, I am in no way suggesting how FAIR should run their site, I am only stating my opinion (which doesn't matter to most). I've read somewhere before that the New York Times publicly endorses Hillary; maybe FAIR should publicly endorse Bernie Sanders?
/endrant
FAIR is full of great content, but I feel like they should address ALL aspects, positive and negative, of each and every candidate. What are your thoughts?
DISCLAIMER: I am very uncertain about this blog post. Maybe I'm completely wrong- perhaps FAIR does endorse Bernie, or perhaps they HAVE shown support for Hillary Clinton, I was just not able to find any content which shows otherwise.
Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment