With all of my speculation on cell phone conspiracies, I think it's time we take a step in a different direction. I'd like to remind everyone who is "internet stricken" to take the time to put your phone away here and there. Step away from technology and do something different. Step outside, go for a walk, hike a trail, enjoy the beauty of the outdoors. Not your thing? Learn to cook a new dish, heck, learn to cook in general, I know I still am. There are so many things to do and so many things to learn. Can't let go of your phone? Use it to learn something new! Do something DIFFERENT with it. Call your Mom, tell her you love her, or anyone, really. Send a meaningful text to someone. Talk to someone you haven't spoken to in a while. Be independent. Think independently. Start by looking into the hobby you've always wanted to pick up. Let us not fall victim to the ant colony!
Don't waste away the hours on social media, seize the day! Carpe diem! Learn a dead language! Learn any language! Learn ALL of the languages! I know I'm starting to sound like a self-help page on instagram or a cliche quote meme but really- challenge yourself. Become the better you.
If you're young you (we) still have plenty of time to accomplish whatever you want to accomplish. If you're old it's never too late. Just put your Nikes on and just do it!
We can all start together by typing in the hashtag #hikearizona
...
...
...

Mirna--Really good new entries. You are thoughtful and interesting. Engaging voice and delivery. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete